Inka the Hero Cat; Story of a rescue cat who rescued a kitten ( Part II)



My husband and me set out on a mission to rescue an abandoned little kitten that we heard yowling behind our place. The kitten yowled for three days and we tried everything to catch him but no luck. SPCA & Animal Control said they cannot help!


The kitten was hiding inside a closed fenced area. He would come out when he feels we are gone but as soon as he sees me or my husband he goes right back into that area through a small whole in the fence. For hours in the cold we tried everything to trick him to come out; food, milk, cat meows from youtube.com but no luck. Until my rescue cat Inka came along. Well at first Inka ate the food that we had for the kitten in the trap!! it was hilarious!  I got him out and then Inka looked at me like ( mom what are you doing here?) and then he jumped through to that closed area and the little kitten ran towards him like he knew him. I was surprised.  Then Inka came out through that same whole and the kitten followed but he saw us and ran back leaving us no time to catch him. To our surprise, Inka kept going back in there. Finally, I hugged Inka and told him 
( can you help mom get that little kitten out?, go get him for me baby) to my surprise  Inka went in and was able to  finally trick the kitten to come out completely and surrender himself to us. 


It was just mind blowing! 

My Inka who is a rescue cat just about a year and half old himself totally understood what I was doing and helped me rescue a small kitten.  The story does not end here. Inka is a male cat and this kitten is also a male kitten (normally not best friends in fact enemies for the most part) but Inka adopted Oreo completely. He treats him like his own, he cleans him, he grabs him by the scruff, looks after him, plays with him, protects him, and the little kitten does exactly the same things that Inka does and he follows Inka like his shadow.  Oreo spent his first three days under the couch refusing to come out. He looked very disoriented, extra scared, and very tired. It took us and Inka a lot of work to get him to eat, socialize, play with us, and trust us. Inka helped a lot. He also taught the little one to use the litter box!

Oreo and Inka look a lot alike we believe they are related. We don’t know how these grey kittens are being abandoned near our place like that and we feel so bad for them, but we know one fact; Inka is a hero. 

Comments

Popular Posts