Inka's relationship with Oreo!


There is no doubt in my mind that Inka's behavior towards Oreo is related to the fact that Inka himself suffered in his kitten days! being separated from his mom and trying to survive on his own as a little kitten in this world. The love he shows to the little one is very touching. I can sit and watch them forever.


So Oreo wakes me up at 2 AM daily. I have to go to work daily of course. I try to struggle and pet him to get him back to sleep again but that usually works for about another 20 min. So eventually I get up and take him to the play room. Inka feels that he must wake up too. So he wakes up and follows me. Sometimes he engages in play with him and that indicates to me that I can go to sleep because he ( meaning Inka) is taking care of the little one.

Around 6 AM is when Inka comes back to the bedroom and wakes me up because this is his time to eat breakfast.
I get up and put food for all the cats ( 3 indoors) 3 outdoors. Inka likes to go outside so he follows me and when Oreo follows Inka gets anxious!.. and he looks at me like " Are you ok with that? the little one is around those big kitties, are you sure this is safe?" Sometimes Inka carries Oreo by the scruff and brings him back indoors ... so touching!

Around 10 AM they are both sleepy. So they sit together and Inka starts to groom Oreo. Oreo responds with the same. So cute! watch the video on youtube

Inka gets upset if we tell Oreo NO!.. and he runs towards him and makes sure he is OK.

Then around noon they both go outside and climb the trees, chase each other, play around... and come back for food and so on.

Sometime Inka gets upset at Oreo and tries to "teach him a lesson" that is when Oreo misbehaves!!!

He teaches Oreo how to clean himself and how to use the litter box, and also how to "get in trouble"!

I just think this is fascinating and sometimes I feel I am the only one who understand this relationship and find it so heartwarming!


 Oreo feels so safe with Inka and  you can see it on his face. One time we were trying to catch Oreo to take him to his doctor's appointment and he ran and hid behind Inka!

I felt that Oreo told Inka to not leave him and to stay by his side and Inka promised to do exactly that.


Can you believe Inka's kind heart?!

Inka confirmed to me that cats are the most intelligent loving creatures in the world!





                                                 The promise was made here in this photo!
                                                     Inka hugs Oreo for good night sleep

Comments

Popular Posts